“We have a lamp inside us, the lamp of mindfulness, which we can light any time. The oil of that lamp is our breathing, our steps, and our peaceful smile. We have to light up that lamp of mindfulness so the light will shine out and the darkness will dissipate and cease. Our practice is to light up that lamp.”
Thich Nhat Hanh
I call that lamp intuition, yes, mindfulness fits as well. When I quiet my inside self, stop the internal chatter, settle the tense muscles, breathe, just breathe and find clarity, I make wise decisions and prepare for change while feeling safe.
The darkness I sometimes hold inside of me is often a place of peace and contentment and sometimes a place of despair and hopelessness. Finding the light in the depths of darkness gives me the confidence to take risks.
I urge you to mindfully practice lighting your lamp. Mindfully practice allowing your lamp to shine. When the light flickers, hold steady, breathe, quiet your rumbling inside self and allow……allow yourself to KNOW who you are, what you want, where you are going, and how to get there.
- I am grateful I have been following my inside lamp/light/self
- I am grateful I have used mindfulness and mediation to guide me
- I am grateful I have found a place of courage and risk taking that I have
- been preparing to take action on for several months.
- I am grateful for the caring, helpful, supportive people in my life
- I am grateful for a cooler day today and a back yard that is inviting and peaceful.
- I am grateful for food in the frig and no need to go out.
- Hugs and love always, stay cool, trust your inside self. Nancy