“When sorrows come, they come not as single spies, but in battalions!”
“Life is a festival only to the wise”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
I just had to put both quotes together. I love it! Both are so right and so wise and I dearly love using so few words to share such profound messages.
It does indeed feel that there is not just one thing at a time to be sad about. But suddenly they creep in and overwhelm and can be named by the dozens, if not battalions. When I feel down, vulnerable, and negative, I miss the possibilities: the cool breeze following hot humid weather, the blueberry sky following storm clouds, the soft rain on my sky light, the birds singing in my garden, the red and white flowers valiantly attempting to take hold in front and back yard…..on and on.
But this is not a time to be sad. This is a time to be so very wise that all we feel is harmony and bliss and joy. Set aside sadness for an hour, a day, a week, a month. Whatever feels doable, and nurture your wise positive self. Try affirmations, gratitudes, or appreciations. Just try. It might help.
Hugs and love always, Nancy
- I am grateful to have a groomer who is vigilant and thorough and found two ticks on Aimee’s ear and sent me immediately to the vet
- I am grateful to have a kind and wise vet who assured me Aimee is not in danger and is strong and healthy even as we both age.
- I am grateful to have so many people who help me with Aimee
- I am grateful for my loyal and faithful companion, Aimee
- I am grateful I have found yet another treasure in my freezer and do not have to go to grocery store for another day or two.
Have a lovely summer day, Nancy