“Very simple ideas lie within the reach only of complex minds.”
Remy de Gourmont
I like that quote a lot! It totally speaks to me, of me, about me. I am simple. Simple words, simple ideas come out of my mouth. But inside me there is a whirl of complex messages pleading to be heard and said and realized. Around and around go the thoughts, ideas, suggestions, questions, curiosities. Out comes something straight forward and deserves only a causal uh huh. While inside I am wailing, listen, listen this really does have merit.
I suspect many of you understand my frustration. I suspect most of us are filled with a myriad of words that if let out will tumble willy nilly and not do justice to what we know fully in our heart. Nonetheless, I urge you to try. Try to put words to what you are thinking and feeling and wondering. It is often times the beginning of something wondrous. That first sentence might just change everything.
- I am grateful for people who listen to me blunder until I can find my true self
- I am grateful to be able to walk out the front door with only a sweater and to leave behind scarves and boots and hats and coats.
- I am grateful to know summer is on the way
- I am deeply deeply grateful for the help given to those fleeing the fires in Alberta. I pray they all find sanctuary and we all send love and hope and any help we are able to give.
- I am deeply grateful I live in a country who said this morning that the Alberta crisis will teach us how prepared we are or are not for a country crisis. We will learn and use whatever new found wisdom comes of this.
Hugs and love to all, Nancy