“Many people pray (meditate) and receive the answers…..
but ignore them—or deny them—because the
answers don’t come in the expected form”
I have recognized this in myself for years. It often comes to me long after I have actually got what I asked for and am moaning that I don’t get what I asked for and am not being listened to. And then I think a bit deeper, and lo and behold, there it is! My hope, my dream, my prayer is staring me in the face and I didn’t recognize it at all. I had a picture of what I expected it to look like. And surprise! What I have received may well be actually better, certainly different then I thought, but I forgot to notice.
I longed for a very long while after divorcing my children’s father to have another companion and partner in life. Who knew it was to be a woman? Amazing! I indeed got the right and perfect soul mate for that period in my life and that our time together turned out to be much shorter than I expected was certainly a surprise. I got what I asked for and only later understood.
Look deeply. I am sure you have much of what you want. Let yourself know and see what you DO have and forget for awhile what you don’t have.
- I am very grateful for a lovely 2 hours just now with a wise and dear friend with whom I can share openly and from a deep inner place
- I am grateful the sun is trying to shine
- I am grateful for a full day of work today
- I am grateful for this lovely group of people with whom I can share almost every day
- I am grateful for my thinking, thoughtful, curious self who is always seeking to know more about life and all that it means
Hugs and love, Nancy