“We have all known the long loneliness and we have learned that the only solution is love and that love comes with community”
Dorothy Day (I do not know who she is)
I absolutely believe the solution to the puzzle of loneliness is love……love of a person or many people, love of a pet, your job, a hobby, a child, an idea, a dream…
It certainly can help to have a community to hold and understand us when loneliness moves in a stays too long. I am learning that it takes intentionality to create a community. I have to mindfully go to places where community might be an option. And then for me at least, it takes time. I don’t move in and take over. I quietly creep in and wait. I look things over, think, am curious, and wait. Eventually, one at a time, community and I begin to connect.
Sometimes it feels like a miracle.
Sometimes it feels like a really lot of hard work, energy, and consciousness.
- I am grateful for the Buddhist Centre across the street
- I am grateful I intentionally attend and intentionally stayed longer today and began some connections
- I am grateful Aimee is so darn healthy
- I am grateful my work is perfect. Not too much, not too little
- I am grateful the snow has stopped for now at least and Aimee and I have been out twice already
- I am grateful I bought groceries yesterday and have choices about what to eat.
Have a good day. Hugs and love to all. Nancy